Registered Nurse – Mental Health
Permanent Part Time – 0.5 FTE minimum; additional casual and on call work may be available for suitable applicant.
Te Whare Mahana Trust is seeking an experienced Mental Health Nurse to join the team in our residential DBT programme, here in Takaka.
As our Registered Nurse, you will get enjoyment out of working with clients, building their trust and ensuring they get the best care available. Working with a diverse multi-disciplinary team, you will lead the delivery of holistic nursing cares.
Some of the roles associated with this position are:
- Working closely with clients and their key support relationships/whanau
- In collaboration with other programme staff, assess clients’ bio-psycho-social needs and create/review care plans with them
- Liaising with clinical and other staff to ensure clients are receiving appropriate quality care and that processes are followed
- Oversight of medications/prescribing and carrying out medication competencies/protocols with staff as required
- Oversight of the organisation’s Infection Control Systems.
Along with experience in mental health nursing and a current NZ Practicing Certificate you will have:
- A natural affinity with people, and an ability to build trusting relationships
- A background in Mental Health and clinical assessments. Previous experience in DBT would be ideal.
- Exceptional communication and problem solving skills
- Be organised, focused and have a good eye for detail
Applications close Monday 30th July at 5 pm
We require the following items before we can assess your application:
- A completed TWM Application form
- Your curriculum vitae (CV)
- A cover letter is optional
Please download the TWM Employment Application form which is available in both MS Word and PDF versions (found on the left hand side of this page). Where possible, please submit application online.
Job description will be uploaded to this page as soon as possible, thanks in advance for your understanding.