Full time / Part time by negotiation
Te Whare Mahana is an independent charitable Trust that provides a range of community based mental health services as well as NZ only residential Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. It is a unique organisation based in Golden Bay renowned for its strong and supportive community as well as its stunning location between the Abel Tasman and Kahurangi National Parks.
The General Manager is responsible to the Trust Board for the overall management and leadership of the organisation – it is the senior executive role responsible for over 40 staff with a budget of over $2million. It is a non-clinical role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A business, management or clinical qualification;
- Significant experience in all aspects of organisation management – planning, finance, personnel, governance, quality, risk, audit and contracting amongst others;
- A knowledge of, and commitment to, the Treaty of Waitangi;
- Preferably, experience in health management, especially mental health;
- Preferably experience working with a non-government organisation (NGO);
- A consultative and collaborative approach to leadership, open to constructive feedback;
- An empathy for mental health clients, cultural sensitivity and an ability to cope with stress and crisis situations;
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and lead a passionate and competent team committed to helping people lead a life worth living.
Benefits include: 4 weeks paid vacation, paid professional/registration fees, generous annual training budget and flexible work schedule. You will also have the amazing lifestyle of living in beautiful Golden Bay. Relocation and accommodation support by negotiation.
If this is you, we would like to hear from you.
Please click for a
We are looking forward to receiving your full application (Cover letter, CV and TWM Application Form) at:
Te Whare Mahana, 163 Commercial Street, Takaka 7110, Golden Bay
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 2pm – Tuesday 6th October, 2020.